How to find reliable freight forwarders
In this article you will get:
If you work with the freight industry, you know how hard it is to find reliable freight forwarders partners to work with among the thousands of freight forwarding companies on the market. And with the amount of companies in the sector, the decision gets even more difficult to make.
We know that one of the hardest parts of the forwarder’s job is: finding trustworthy forwarder partners to work with. For that reason, many freight forwarder companies resort to the logistics network in order to make it easier to find reliable partners.
However, being in charge of making the decision of who you exchange business with, should be based on the analysis that your freight forwarder company makes of the freight partner you intend to make business with.
Why should you analyze your potential forwarder partner?
As mentioned before, you should be the one who makes the decision of who to partner with. For that reason, before partnering with a forwarder, it is important to make an analysis of the forwarder company.
When you are the one analyzing a potential forwarder partner you know exactly what your freight forwarder needs at that particular moment. Therefore, you know what to look for.
Analyzing potential freight partners is an important step to make sure that you are choosing a partner that:
- has the expertise you are looking for;
- has a clean background;
- has already made other business exchanges;
- has trusted logistics certifications.
How to find reliable freight forwarders outside the logistics network
Do you know what are the criteria the logistics network takes under consideration when qualifying a partner to join? Not knowing what analysis the network makes can jeopardize your forwarder company.
When you have control of choosing your forwarder partners you can make sure that that freight forwarder partner is the best fit for your business. Why let the logistics network choose a partner for you when you can choose it yourself and analyze it from your own perspective?
Take control of your decisions and make your own partnership analysis.
Start by going to the freight forwarder’s website and checking everything on it, read about his company, about the services he offers, what are the previous freight partners he has worked with, his certifications, the contact number, etc.
Get in touch with his formal partners, if you can, get in touch with a previous partner of the freight forwarder company, ask them if they had a good experience, and if they would recommend that forwarder as a partner.
See if your potential forwarder partner has any certifications, and make sure they are validated.
It seems easy saying it like that right? But we know how much this takes time, that’s why Parnity made it easier for you! Make your analysis on Parnity platform in a matter of minutes:
- Search for freight forwarders in the country/city you need;
- Check out his website, get to know your potential partner;
- Browse through the “About Company”, view the main information about the company, photos, videos, and presentations in the forwarder profile;
- Get in touch with the forwarder via email;
- Ask for recommendations of past forwarder partnerships;
- View the forwarder’s Trust Scan, what are his certifications, financial records, if he is being added to another forwarder’s MyNetowork, if he is making contacts, and when was the last time he used Parnity.
Ok but, what is Trust Scan?
Trust Scan is Parnity’s new feature that allows every freight forwarder in Parnity to visualize the forwarders:
- certifications, (IATA, AEO, FDRS, and D-U-N-S Number);
- financial records;
- community indicators, which means how many times that forwarder is being considered a partner in Parnity;
- the volume of contacts that forwarder has received from Parnity in the month;
- and his Parnity usage, when was the forwarder’s last access to Parnity.
The Trust Scan is a space in the forwarder’s profile available for forwarders to check incontestable information about their potential partners, in order for you to evaluate trustability and to help with the partnership analysis based on verified criteria.
Trust Scan is Parnity’s feature that will help you find reliable freight forwarders to partner with.
Parnity’s job with Trust Scan is to validate the certifications that the freight forwarders update to our platform in order to make your decision more assertive.
Start taking control and choose yourself the best partners for your forwarder!